A Mandorla is a place for creation and artistic transformation.
People with a creative imagination can work here in the midst of nature,
which is perhaps the most creative of us all.
The sedimentation of the rock with all the color nuances between rust
and grey, the organic patterns in the wood drawn by the trees,
the rotation of the trunk towards the light, but of course also the incredible
brightness in Portugal and the magical cloud formations on the heaven …
enough inspiration for people with an artist’s soul!
For those interested in research into dance and movement,
we also provide a dance studio.
If desired, we propose the possibility to be accompanied in your research
or creative process by Luk Van den Dries and/or Louise Chardon,
who are experienced and expert in the fields of dance,
somatics, theater, and performance.
We have the availability to receive 5 persons in double/triple rooms,
and a working space of 70m2,
plus of course the natural environment of our land,
33 hectares of arbutus and cork trees.
Artists in residence at A Mandorla since 2018:
- Anne Lepère https://www.annelepere.net
- Marion Sage http://www.marionsage.net/
- Florence Augendre https://www.lesballetscdela.be/en/biographies/florence-augendre/biography/
- Katya Barton https://soundingbody.com
- Christine Roggeman https://christineroggeman.wordpress.com/
- Katja Richter https://mosso-art.com/
- Wilhelm Van Langendonck https://www.raga.be/
- Christine Sollie https://christinesollie.com/
- Kasper Vandenberghe https://www.movedbymatter.com/
Impressions during the project “Movere Momentum” by Katja Richter.
A Mandorla, Monte do Carvalhosinho
- Lodging (including access to the lake, the swimming pool and the working spaces):
25€ (room for 3) – 60€ (individual room) – minimum 3 nights
For groups, please contact us personally.
7€ / 12€ per meal (all particular diets can be considered)
If you wish full pension for the entire period of your stay, please, contact us personally.
- Artistic/personal accompaniment:
35€/hour (individual), 50€/hour (semi-individual)
email@example.com // +351 910 518 101